The Ferguson Group, LLC (TFG) specializes in representing local governments before Congress and the Administration. Since opening our doors in 1982, the firm has worked with communities across the country to help advance and protect their interests in Washington. We work with clients to draft legislative solutions and impact federal policy to address their specific needs. TFG seeks qualified applicants for a full-time Director of Communications to provide support and produce high-quality communications (both print and digital) from concept to execution as part of an amazing, multi-disciplinary team. Applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree in a communications field (or equivalent practical experience) with no less than two years of experience. The ideal candidate is passionate, smart, collaborative, creative and looking to enhance their communications experience and portfolio in a dynamic and fun environmentResponsibilities include:
- Produce high-quality written and digital content for both external and internal audiences.
- Create content for print and digital materials and designs, such as fact-sheets, infographics, digital marketing graphics, email newsletters, blogs and presentations.
- Be an effective storyteller.
- Create the content for compelling visual presentations that are engaging and align with the TFG brand and style guidelines across design touchpoints and communication mediums.
- Learn about and clearly communicate complex subjects to the TFG team and external audiences.
- Working collaboratively with the TFG team to support the mission of the organization.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong written communication and social media skills.
- Must be an effective collaborator.
- A zest for story-telling and thinking about new and innovative ways to communicate with the goal to inform and engage with TFG team members and TFG clients.
- A desire to listen, understand key audiences, and develop communications that will connect and resonate with different audiences.
- An ability to work with, learn from, and help integrate the communications for numerous disciplines.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
What will you gain from working at The Ferguson Group?
- Immediate experience creating and executing a wide range of high-quality print and digital products for a variety of audiences.
- An exciting work environment that brings together fun, collaboration and community.
- Play an integral role in a thoughtful, driven, innovative, inclusive, and ethical team that navigates the crossroads of policy, politics, and communications.
- Learning from a talented team of government relations professionals.
- Growth in a strategy-driven creative environment while receiving guidance, feedback and mentorship.
If you are interested in the available TFG’s Communications Director position, please send your resume, cover letter, and writing sample to
firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate your availability. The subject line of your
email should contain the words "Communication Director."